What is Improving Me?
We are a partnership of 27 NHS organisations across Cheshire and Merseyside aiming to improve the experience of women and children. The Partnership is one of the Vanguard's New Care model initiatives, and one of seven maternity pioneers in the country.
Our Main Goals
- The Women’s and Children’s Services Partnership will develop a safe, high quality, clinically and financially sustainable whole system model of care for women’s and children’s services across Cheshire and Merseyside
- Engaging in decision making about the services that are offered to meet the needs of women, their babies, children, young people and their families at the right time, in the right place by the right people. Care should be cantered around personal choice and individual needs.
- To reduce unwarranted variations in outcomes and experiences by working together through collaboration, co-operation and co-production.
- To enrich maternity teams through effective leadership, recruitment, retention, training and support for continuous development.
Early Adopter & Pioneer - Maternity Choice and Personalisation Care
In 2016 Improving Me was identified as a Maternity Transformation Programme Early Adopter site and a Maternity Choice and Personalisation Care Pioneer Programme – one of only two sites nationally to achieve both statuses.
What is an Early Adopter site?
A key recommendation of the Better Births report was that NHS England should: “seek volunteer localities to act as early adopters” to drive improvement for change and test new ways to deliver care. Cheshire and Merseyside is one of only seven sites nationwide chosen lead the way in maternity transformation.
The experiences of the Early Adopters will pave the way for national rollout of initiatives that deliver safer, more personalised care for all women and every baby, improve outcomes, and reduce inequalities. More information.
What is the Pioneer programme?
The Maternity Choice and Personalisation Pioneers were developed to test ways of improving choice and personalisation for women accessing maternity services.
In Cheshire and Merseyside, Improving Me were one of seven sites chosen to improve the choices available to women across clinical commissioning group (CCG) boundaries. This involves empowering women to take control in decisions about the care they receive to better meet their needs and preferences.
Pioneers worked rapidly over an 18 month period to develop and test ways of improving choice and personalisation of maternity services for women in their localities. NHS England drew on this work to promote for national adoption and adaptation as the Pioneers progressed, to support all areas of the country to offer personalised maternity care tailored to women’s needs and preferences.
Under maternity units in Cheshire and Merseyside please use hosp names below and link to those maternity hospitals
We work with 8 maternity providers across the Cheshire and Merseyside areas. Click on the providers below to visit your their websites to find out more information.
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Hospital Services NHS Trust
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust