The Case for Change
Improving Me is addressing the challenges facing services for women and children locally by creating a new approach between commissioners, clinicians and providers that goes beyond organisational boundaries.
These challenges include:
- Increased demand on services and the presentation of women, babies, children and young people with more complex needs who require more care and support;
- Variation in the experience of people who use these services and also in clinical outcomes, safety and quality;
- Challenges in managing the transition between services and different levels of need, and from children's services to adult focused services;
- Organisational boundaries that are getting in the way of collaboration to deliver improvements in services and real change;
- Workforce challenges including recruitment, retention, retirement, skills mix and deployment of staff;
- Ability of services to meet regulatory and other clinical standards;
- Financial sustainability.